Can I come to Collector Con in Cosplay?
Yes! We look forward to seeing attendees get into the spirit of cosplay! Those attending in cosplay will help add to the atmosphere of our exciting event. The event is a family-friendly event, so please make sure your dress and behaviour is suitable. Our Cosplay Guidelines are listed below.
- Always ask permission before taking a photo or video with or of a cosplayer
- Please respect all cosplayers and attendees.
- If you or someone you know is being harassed or made to feel uncomfortable, please urgently inform a Collector Con or venue staff member.
- Collector Con is an all ages event and clothing/cosplay therefore needs to be at a maximum MA15+
- Nudity is not permitted and precautions should be taken beneath costumes to avoid accidental exposure in the event of a wardrobe malfunction.
- Any attendees wearing clothing/cosplay that are deemed inappropriate by the venue and/or Collector Con may be asked to change outfits or leave the event. Inappropriate clothing/cosplay may include those with profanities, fetishised attire and/or where emblems or flags have been used that represent organisations that exclude communities.
- If your costume is bulky, please have at least one person with you to act as a guide/helper.
- Any props deemed inappropriate must be left in your vehicle. There is no storage at the venue, so if in doubt, leave it at home. Inappropriate props may include weaponry including realistic imitation props, projectile or sharp weapons plus items restricted or prohibited from being carried by law, for example gel blasters.
- No weapon play allowed with props brought to the event by attendees. There is a special exhibition by the Swordplay team – if you are participating, please follow their safety instructions.
If you have any questions about the Cosplay Guidelines, please contact the Collector Con team via email email@example.com